Dedicated to fostering excellence in insurance marketing, communications and advertising.
The Insurance Marketing & Communications Association (IMCA) drives innovation, creativity and professional excellence among our membership. Our diverse members specialize in insurance marketing, communications, advertising, sales promotion, public relations and social media.
We represent over 120 regional and specialty companies, general agencies, prominent industry suppliers and prominent multi-line insurance companies and brokerage firms, as well as the top five property casualty writers in the U.S. Our membership is drawn from insurance and financial services industries throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Bermuda.
Through educational programs, networking opportunities, conferences and awards programs, IMCA’s purpose is to:
- Promote excellence in insurance marketing and communications
- Provide professional development and networking opportunities for members
- Foster the sharing of ideas and experiences among members
- Promote a positive image of the insurance industry
IMCA is an association dedicated to delivering leading-edge marketing and communication techniques that help to maximize business outcomes of its members.
Leveraging its diverse membership of marketing, advertising, public affairs and public relations professionals, IMCA helps members:
- Understand the latest insurance industry issues and corporate communications challenges.
- Apply the full range of strategies, tactics, technology, and creative tools to address these issues and challenges.
- Promote best practices and the highest professional standards.
IMCA is the oldest insurance marketing trade association in North America, founded in 1923 as the Insurance Advertising Conference (IAC). In 1984, we changed our name to the Insurance Marketing Communications Association to better reflect the evolving roles of insurance communicators. The name was amended in 2005 to the Insurance Marketing & Communications Association to better differentiate members’ broad expertise in marketing, public relations, corporate communications and emerging digital communication practices.
IMCA has created guidelines that need to be adhered to when creating any type of marketing materials or collateral. For a copy of the document: IMCA Graphic Standards (882 downloads)