Minneapolis, MN. — Oct. 23, 2013 — The Insurance Marketing and Communications Association (IMCA) has elected its board directors for 2013-2014, naming a new executive vice president and treasurer, and three new board members.
Mark Friedlander, director of corporate communications at The Main Street America Group, will serve as executive vice president. Anna Hargis, director of advertising at Shelter Insurance, will serve as treasurer.
The IMCA board executive committee is:
- President: Rob Martin, The Co-Operators
- Executive Vice President: Mark Friedlander, The Main Street America Group
- Treasurer: Anna Hargis, Shelter Insurance
- Immediate Past President: Linda Collins, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Past President at Large: Rich Look, Vertibrands
- Past President at Large: Reg Pierce, Target Markets
- Vice President: Gary Kimball, Kimball Communications
Joining the IMCA board are: Dave Evans, IIABA; Ryan Arndorfer, Pharmacist Mutual; and Valerie Foster, Monitor Liability Managers. Returning board members for 2013-14 include Randy Clinger, Swiss Re; Emily Hathcoat, CNA Insurance; Steve Ryan, XL Group; Tom Pytel, CAMICO; and Natalia Mischenko, Zurich Insurance.
The Insurance Marketing and Communications Association (www.imcanet.com) is an international organization of insurance communications professionals specializing in marketing, communications, advertising, sales promotion, public relations and media relations. The oldest insurance marketing and communications association in North America, it began as the Insurance Advertising Conference (IAC) in 1923 and was renamed in 1984 to better depict the evolving roles of insurance communicators. IMCA’s purpose is to promote excellence in insurance marketing and communications, improve the professional skills of members, foster the sharing of ideas and experiences among members and promote a positive image of the insurance industry.